As I am writing this month’s report, I can’t and I am sure all my Brother Knights have not seen or experienced a time like this. We truly find ourselves in a different, unique, and unprecedented time.
As the coronavirus pandemic continues, we still must lead our families, protect our parishes, and serve our communities. As Brother Knights, we are called to step into the breach and Leave No Neighbor Behind – especially in this time of crisis. To help us – Supreme has launched the Coronavirus Pandemic Response Guidebook.
This new program offers practical, safe, and helpful suggestions for actions to be taken by councils and assemblies during this pandemic crisis.
During this time of crisis, as Knights we are encouraged to engage in five types of service activities:
- Support Your Brother Knights
- Support Your Parish
- Support Your Community
- Feed the Hungry
- Participate in Blood Drives
Leave No Neighbor Behind Program – How do we get started?
- Download the Guidebook – review the guidebook and become familiar with the contents.
- Discuss with your council officers – reach out to care homes, shelters, food banks, meals for retired priests.
- Discuss with your Pastor – ask him – What can we do to help at this time?
- Make a Plan – implement the initiatives which will help members, councils, parishes, and communities get through this difficult moment in our history.
- Begin your actions.
- Report your activities – form is on www.kofc.org/neighbor.
Councils are reminded to be mindful of guidelines and suggested procedures from our local public health officials while engaging in any activities as part of the Leave No Neighbor Behind program. Do not put yourself or others at risk of infection.
2020 State Convention
- I never thought I would hear that our State Convention would be cancelled. I know that our State Officers are working with Supreme to make our virtual meeting on April 25 come together.
- A list of all the Saskatchewan State Award winners will be included in the State Convention book. Congratulations to all the winners.
2019-2020 Program Reporting
- Councils still have two months to complete and report your programs using Form 10784 – Fraternal Programs Report Form for this Columbian Year.
- Please continue with your programs, as best as you can, taking into consideration social distancing.
- Star Council Award, Columbian Award, McGivney/Founders’ Award qualifications will be discussed at future Supreme webinars. I will keep you posted once the details are received.
Safe Environment – Office of Youth Protection:
- Safe Environment compliance is required for all awards, including the Star Council award.
- Remain compliant with updated Safe Environment requirements (see kofc.org/safe for details).
Upcoming State Events
- 98th State Convention – Prince Albert – April 24-26 – CANCELLED – Virtual State Convention held on April 25, 2020, at 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
- March for Life – Regina – May 9 – CANCELLED
- State Golf – Regina – June 5-7 – CANCELLED
- Clergy Sports Day – Muenster – July 20-21 (under review)
- For more information on these events, please visit www.kofcsask.com
Thank you for all you do for the Knights.
Stay Safe and Healthy and may Our Lady of Guadalupe watch over us and protect us, during this pandemic crisis.
State General Program Director