3rd Quarter – Checklist
- All councils to promote and continue the FIA and LNNB programs for the entire remaining fraternal year. All required up to date information and forms for these programs are on the Supreme website www.kofc.org/fiaresources.
- All FIA programs can now be done virtually. Check out the new Supreme Form #11139 – Remote Programming Supplement: A Guide for Expanded Participation. The guidebook provides Steps and Best Practices for Developing Remote Programming and Examples of Online Program Enhancements.
- Please NOTE: for all Program Participation Reporting – submit Form #10784 Online. Form #10784 is available online at www.kofc.org/fiaresources.
- Email a copy of the completed Form #10784 to [email protected]
- All councils to submit their completed programs, as soon as they are completed, using Form #10784 Online.
- Form #10784 to be received at State Office no later than March 5, 2021, to be eligible for award consideration at the annual State Convention. No exceptions. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Councils are required to submit their completed State Council Service Program Awards Entry Form (#STSP) to State Office no later than March 5, 2021, to be eligible for award consideration at the annual State Convention. No exceptions. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- All councils should have submitted forms #185 (Report of Officers Chosen for Term), #365 (Service Program Personnel Report) and #1728 (Annual Survey of Fraternal Activity).
SP-7 – Columbian Award Application
- We are currently living in extraordinary times. Covid-19 has certainly impacted how we plan and complete programs. With the help of remote programming and in-person programming, wherever possible and maintaining all SHA regulations, councils in the next six months can complete enough programs to qualify for the Columbian Award.
- For a council to earn the Columbian Award, it must conduct and report on quality faith-filled programs in each of the four Faith in Action program categories (Faith, Family, Community and Life) for a total of 16 program credits, with 4 programs in each category.
- SP-7 must be completed and submitted to Supreme by June 30.
- Supreme Council has designated 4 programs as featured programs in each of the program categories. When a council conducts a featured program and satisfies the associated requirements it will receive two credits towards that program category on their Columbian Award Application (#SP-7).
- For the 2020-2021 fraternal year, there are no required programs that must be conducted for a council to be eligible for the Columbian Award.
- Pilgrim Icon Program – due to Covid-19, the launch of the new St. Michael prayer service has been delayed to next fraternal year.
- Novena for Life – January 21-29. Visit 9daysforlife.com to sign up for daily prayer reminders.
- If you have missed any of the Supreme webinars or would like to view them again go to https://www.kofc.org/en/for-members/resources/webinars/082720.html.
Safe Environment Compliant:
- Safe Environment Program – the requirement for 4 positions:
- Grand Knight – training
- Program Director – training
- Family Director – training and background check
- Community Director – training and background check
- Councils need to be Safe Environment compliant early.
- Safe Environment compliance is required for all awards, including the Star Council award.
- Updated Safe Environment requirements (see kofc.org/safe for details).
Upcoming State Events
- For more information on these events, please visit www.kofcsask.com.
Thank you for all you do for the Knights.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy and Leave No Neighbor Behind.
From Brenda and I, we wish all Brother Knights and your families a Blessed, Merry Christmas and a Safe, Healthy and Happy 2021 New Year.
State General Program Director