Faith In Action Program Model
Completing Faith in Action’s Year-End Forms – Council deadlines for Faith In Action programs and Columbian Award requirements is June 30. I have copied, for your information, from page 5 of the latest Knightline, the steps to filling out the required year-end forms.
Five Steps to Completing Your Year-End Forms
Follow these five steps to understand which forms are needed.
- Go to www.kofc.org/forms and download the updated Columbian Award Application (#SP-7). Look at the faith in action section: Notice the four programs listed under each of the four categories.
- Complete the final paperwork for any required or featured programs you completed. The forms are available at www.kofc.org/faithinaction under the resources section.
- Tell us about your unique programs — they could qualify your council for a State Council Service Program Award. Include the details on the Columbian Award Application (#SP-7) and the State Council Service Program Award form (#STSP). Both forms are available at www.kofc.org/forms.
- Review the Columbian Award Application once more. Fill in all 16 program spaces. Then, submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. You have three months left to complete any missing programs and still qualify for the Columbian Award. See www.kofc.org/faithinaction for details.
- Confirm that your council is safe environment compliant. Have your grand knight, program director, family and community director been trained and had their backgrounds checked? If not, visit www.kofc.org/safe to complete the required steps.
- Learn more about Faith In Action at www.kofc.org/faithinaction.
- To find up-to-date information about all Faith In Action programs, general announcements and form updates, check out the website at www.kofc.org/faithinaction.
- The link for Building the Domestic Church: The Family Fully Alive is https://www.kofc.org/un/en/domestic-church/
Supreme Forms – Please Submit These Important Annual Forms:
- Form 1728 – Annual Survey of Fraternal Activity – was due January 31. If you missed the deadline, there is still time to submit your form through Officer’s Online.
- Form 1295-2 – Semi-annual Council Audit – was due February 15.
- Form 10784 – Fraternal Programs Report Form
- Use the revised all-in-one form. It replaces 24 individual report forms.
- Form SP-7 – Columbian Application Award – due June 30. Don’t forget to start thinking about filling out this form. This form is also new. Please note that all donations made outside of Supreme-recommended programs will not count for program credit toward the Columbian Award. Remember that your council must conduct four required programs in each of these categories – Faith – Spiritual Reflection, Family – Consecration to the Holy Family, Community – Helping Hands and Life – Novena for Life.
- All revised forms are available and can be downloaded from the Supreme website www.kofc.org/forms. Please review and get familiar with the new revised forms.
Building the Domestic Church: The Family Fully Alive
The Catholic family has the same mission as the Church – to pray together and build each other up in the faith. Supreme website www.kofc.org/domestic-church has many ideas on how to grow your faith as a family. Project ideas that your council can use to promote fraternity among its members and possibly attract new families to the Knights of Columbus.
Upcoming State Events
- Our Lady Help of Persecuted Christians Prayer Program – started January 7, 2019 and continues until May 7, 2019
- A Special Evening – The Loving Renewal of Marriage – Saskatoon – May 4, 2019
- Provincial March for Life – Regina – May 9, 2019
- State Golf – Redvers – June 21-22, 2019
- Clergy Sports Day – Muenster – July 22-23, 2019
- Millennium Pro-Life Cross Pilgrimage – Aberdeen – August 25, 2019
- Charity Appeal – Denzil – November 2, 2019
- For more information on these events, please visit www.kofcsask.com
Regularly meet with your pastor to discuss Faith In Action programs.
Thank you for all you do for the Knights.
If you have any questions about the new “Faith in Action” programs, please feel free to contact me.
State General Program Director