Brother Knights, I would like to direct your attention to two specific Bills that are presently before the Parliament of Canada and the possible actions that Members of the Knights of Columbus can partake of in addressing these Bills.
- Bill C-7; an Act to amend the criminal code (medical assistance in dying). To access the particulars of this Bill and to be able to sign the petition go to: citizen.org/en/177328-reject-bill-c-7. You will be thus able to indicate your rejection of this particular Bill when signing the petition to the Hon. David Lametti, Minister of Justice and the Hon. Patty Hajdu, Minister of Health.
- Bill C-233; an Act to amend the criminal code (sex-selective abortion). This particular Bill was introduced in Parliament on February 26, 2020, by MP Cathy Wagantall, Member for Yorkton-Melville and seconded by MP Rosemarie Falk, Member for Battlefords-Lloydminster. You can add your voice to making sex-selective abortion illegal in Canada by supporting this Bill. Go to Defend Girls.com and once on this site you will be able to have access to the following:
- Click for a draft letter to personalize and e-mail to your MP
- Print off a Petition and collect signatures
- Order additional materials that you would be able to distribute including Flyers, Postcards, and Car decals.
Upcoming Events/Activities of note include:
- March 25, the date set aside as the “Day of Prayer for The Unborn Child”.
- The Silver Rose Run within Saskatchewan beginning March 29.
- The Saskatchewan Pro-Life Convention to be held April 3 & 4 at Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish in Martinsville. To register or for details call 306-992-6941 or visit www.saskprolife.com/convention.
- Saturday, May 9 is the date of The Annual March for Life held in Regina. Details on this event can be accessed on the Sask. K of C website.
In this, the month of March, we are reminded that the month is dedicated to St. Joseph who as well as being the spouse of Mother Mary and Father of Jesus is our Principle Patron of Canada. There is an excellent article included in the March edition, page 7, of the Columbia magazine that speaks to our need to bring St. Joseph closer into our lives! Vivat Jesus!